Sunday, 16 March 2008

Translated Documents

Those of you who have visited Schloss Neuhaus will have seen that the extracts from the Margraf's council are presented in both English and (I hope) German. The thing is, my German is no longer as good as it used to be, therefore the translation is time consuming, and frankly I am not altogether sure that it is good, accurate German. I am inclined to abandon the idea of translations, although I feel that it helps me get into the right frame of mind. So, what do you think - stay with the translation or is the German text just a distraction? Let me know, pleasse.

3 comments:

Snickering Corpses said...

I don't find it distracting. I do scroll past it, since my German is pretty much nil, but I think it's just fine for you to use it for motivation if it helps you.

abdul666 said...

On your blog, YOUR enjoyment and pleasure are the primary objectives and the primary criteria!

Byrhthelm said...

Abdul,

True, but I also want others to enjoy it too! I put a fair bit of effort into the back-history, and I'd like to think that I amuse at least !

PS. Can you e-mail me direct? I have a couple of questions.